Tuesday, September 24, 2013

STRENGTH TO SAY YES

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing." Ps. 143 10.   Oh God. Today, I so want to hear Your Word, to Live Your Word, To Express Your Work.
I see the rain. rather hear the rain. I see the drops on the deck. I hear "tint-tint" as the drops fall
on the metal edges around the house. The house is quiet aside from the rain sound. Candles are lit.
I know you have called me to express Your heart. I see it in a way as an adventure. I see it in
the way of reality. I see it in the way of YES. Brenda said everyone's Yes might be different.
The question, challenge and adventure is ~ am I  willing to say "Yes" to the adventure and
challenge that God has put before me, whatever that might be?  God has promised that I will not be tempted with  more than  I can handle. I Cor 10:13. You will always be there to help me handle it even if it is very hard. 
     The answers are not always physically in front of me. You are  SURROUNDING ME. The more I am convinced of that, the easier it is to express it through my life, through my words. On the other hand, where would the faith come in if I was totally convinced?  Where would the adventure come in?  I do not have hard tangible facts that I can hold in my hand. I am convinced with the faith that  I do have. Hopefully that grows.

Today there is thunder. The candles are lit again. The house is quiet on the inside. The challenges in the past few days have been greater. It is raining again today. 
You have not changed. The soft tint-tint on the metal gutters surrounding the house is relaxing.  Time has gone by. The writing has gotten challenging. More doubts have entered. Questions. Thunder.

It is in Your strength to say Yes. It is in Your strength to continue to say Yes. It is in Your strength as Ann Voskamp would say, that we continually look to find Your Joy in all of the things that You have asked of us. It is in Your Strength Oh Lord, that I will look to Find Joy. It is in You Oh Lord that I will look to find Your Strength to say Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment