Monday, January 20, 2014

Trust In God

I am writing on January 20.  The day of the pictures, temperature was -17 degrees.(January 8 ) That does not negate a beautiful sunrise. In fact the coldness enhances it. When things get easy, am I unwilling to see the sharp contrast of beauty that God is setting before me?


Fill me. 
New Living Translation

[ Faith and Endurance ] Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
  .
 My life in a day to day confrontation is nothing compared to what the early Christians needed to endure. Just try to imagine the gut wrenching vision of not only you facing a den of hungry lions  or sawed in half but the ones that you love the most are  threatened with that reality too. 
    James ( in his message to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations) was stating a truth that these families had an opportunity to look to the lover of their soul. The One Who is TRULY HOLY  is with them and will  give them the ability to go beyond endurance. JOY
     Today, when someone cuts us off in traffic, when I am disagreed with, if I feel shamed, where are the emotions? Do I consider it Joy?  Do I take all of the horror that is thrown at me to destroy the situation, the other person or myself?
    The One who was able to hold the hands of the family members who walked into the lion's den is the same one who is in my heart as I come into the contacts of my daily life. The fierce roars can be less subtle but no less destructive. 
    Where do the pictures come in? The sharpness of the cold. There is no denying that  trouble comes our way very sharply. Cancer, abuse, (verbal or physical),  even death. Then there are the indirect struggles, -anger, lust, heartache, torment, memories of shame from the past that linger to almost strangulation. 
    In these pictures, God brought beauty through the sunrise of a frigid cold morning. God is the one in charge. 
     To totally give my heart over to God means He takes the frigid or sorrow,anxiety  and will make it into a beautiful sunrise. Why? -  This is a place for trust. It is an opportunity for GREAT JOY.  It Gives God Glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment